Buy A Shed if You Are Spring Cleaning!
As difficult as it may be to believe, Spring has reached Australia! And that means now is the perfect opportunity to do some of that spring cleaning you’ve been looking forward to all winter! It’s time to air out your home, get rid of what you no longer need, and finally get around to ordering that backyard storage shed. It is the perfect way to ring in the warmer days ahead!
If you’ve been wondering how you can take your spring cleaning to new levels, it’s time to start browsing sheds online and come up with a plan to organize, downsize, and clean!
So why do you need a storage shed for spring cleaning?
Everyone has a different way to tackle spring cleaning, but one of the things that can make the entire process easier is extra storage. After all, without enough space, you might find yourself just shuffling your items around from here to there trying to make your home look less cluttered.
Having a storage shed will allow you to pare down the items in your home so that you can really make your space sparkling clean. There are a couple of other advantages too, so let’s talk about how a backyard storage shed can help you organize this spring.
Spring Cleaning Tip #1: Store your out-of-season items in your shed
As we head into the warmer months, there are plenty of items that we’ll want to hide away until next winter. Heavy bedding and linens are good examples of this. You don’t want to get rid of them, but you also don’t want them to be in the way while you do your spring cleaning and prepare your home for spring and summer. You might also want to store your cozier winter clothing so that they’re not taking up space in your closet during these warmer months.
A shed is the perfect place to store these winter items. Make sure that you store them in heavy plastic bins or vacuum-sealed bags so that they don’t become homes for rodents or insects.
Spring Cleaning Tip #2: Hide those big and bulky items in your shed
Your backyard shed is the perfect place to store your big and bulky items in preparation for spring cleaning.
It might be that you have items that you just need to get out of the way, like extra chairs or gym equipment, so that cleaning is easier. Or, you might have items like portable heaters or large stock pots for winter stews and soups that will need to be stored for the season.
Either way, a storage shed is absolutely ideal to house these items while you’re getting ready for spring cleaning.
Spring Cleaning Tip #3: Getting rid of items? Store them in your shed while they’re waiting for their new home
Spring cleaning is a good opportunity to let go of items that you no longer want or need. But, if you’re waiting for these items to be picked up by buyers or you just don’t have the time to deliver them just yet, that’s where your shed comes in.
Your space will feel much more open when you can get these items out of your sight, and cleaning will be much easier.
Spring Cleaning Tip #4: Your shed can help you try out different styles
One of the things that’s great about spring cleaning is that it allows you to rearrange your space and try out different styles. If you’re hoping to get a clearer idea of what you want your space to look like, here’s a great way that your shed can come to the rescue:
- Remove all of the wall art and other decor from your space and store it for a week in your shed
- Do your deep spring cleaning
- Over the course of the week, think about the pieces that you miss or feel are truly at home in your space
- Reintroduce the pieces that your mind kept coming back to while your decor was taking a break in the storage shed
- For the items that didn’t make this first cut, decide if you want to bring them back into your home or if replacing them would bring you closer to the style that you’re looking to create in your space
What’s great about this exercise is that you know now how a storage shed can help you rotate through new styles and home decor. Maybe you’ve grown tired of that throw or rug, but you don’t necessarily want to throw it out. With an outdoor shed, you can put it to rest for a while until you’re ready to refresh your home again.
Other spring cleaning tips for your backyard shed
So far, we’ve talked about how a storage shed can help you with your spring cleaning. But there are also a few ways that you can bring the spring cleaning to your shed! Even if you’re browsing sheds online and will be ordering one soon, you can follow these simple steps to make your shed spring cleaning ready:
- Make sure you’re working with the bare minimum. Just because a storage shed is for, well, storage, doesn’t mean that it should become a black hole for items you don’t know what to do with. Be mindful about what goes into your shed so that you can keep things organized
- Put in some organizing infrastructure. Shelves and durable plastic bins are going to be two must-haves in your shed. You don’t want to spring clean your home only to have the mess of the shed weighing on your shoulders.
- Clean, clean, clean. You might be bringing things into your shed so that you can spring clean your home, but make sure to wash everything before packing it away. Linens, furniture, dinnerware can all be cleaned, sanitized, and properly packed to protect from dust and mould.
Time to look for the best sheds for spring cleaning!
If you don’t have a backyard storage shed already, spring is the perfect time to get one! As we talked about in this article, it can really help with your spring cleaning and you’ll be so ready to head into the glorious new season!